Good Morning from the Nation’s Capital…
- $13.5 billion for bridges
- $11 billion for New York’s public transit systems
- Over $900 million for airports
- $175 million for EV charging infrastructure
- $59 billion for Passenger and Freight Rail
- $42.45 billion for grants to states on broadband
- AP News: Roads, Transit, Internet: What’s In The Infrastructure Bill?
- The Wall Street Journal: What’s in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill? From Amtrak to Roads to Water Systems
- Reuters: Analysis: U.S. infrastructure bill makes power broker of transportation chief Buttigieg
Back in New York…
Kathy Hochul announced having raised $10 million dollars with still two more months to go in the cycle. Fundraising reports without the report itself being released need to be taken with a grain of salt, but this is an impressive haul for the new governor. Expect Jumaane Williams to officially join the governor’s race this week while Tish James continued to roll out an impressive list of endorsements. She also appointed Avi Israel, President and Founder of Save the Michaels of the World, to the Opioid Settlement Board.
Client News: ‘Historic Investment’ in Hudson Valley Will Help New York Middle Class
California Gov. Gavin Newsom Cancels Trip to Climate Summit To Spend Halloween with His Kids
Amid a swirl of questions about his absence from the public eye last week, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said he had decided to cancel his plans to attend the United Nations climate summit in Scotland after what he described as “an intervention” from his kids, who couldn’t believe he was going to miss Halloween. [Read more.]